Appellate Reported Cases
The attorneys at Otorowski Morrow and Golden, PLLC have handled numerous cases through the appellate courts both in the State of Washington and in the Federal Courts. All of these cases involve furthering the rights of injured persons in the State of Washington and many represent significant precedent for the laws of our State. For example our attorneys handled cases in the Supreme Court that overturned the validity of parental waivers for children, thereby protecting their rights to pursue injury claims when injured by others. Another example is a case that held, for the first time, that attorneys were subject to the Consumer Protection Act. Many of the reported decisions revolve around the rights of victims of medical negligence that have expanded the ability of injured people to obtain justice.
- Short v. Demopolis, Supreme Court decision that applied the Consumer Protection Act to attorneys.
- Scott v. Pac West, Supreme Court decision that ruled waivers for minor children are void as a matter of public policy.
- Pedroza v. Bryant, recognized the doctrine of hospital “corporate negligence”.
- Morgan v. Johnson, held that comparative fault may not reduce damages from an intentional injury.
- Seybold v. Neu, Court established the criteria for expert testimony in medical malpractice cases.
Representative Case Results
The attorneys at Otorowski Morrow and Golden, PLLC have handled many cases that have resulted in significant settlements and verdicts in a wide range of cases. Listed below are some of those cases.
- $10,000,000+ / Brain damage from anaphylactic reaction following bee sting
- $7,000,000+ / Brain injury from head on collision with truck
- $5,000,000+ / Insulin pump failure causing diabetic coma and brain damage
- $5,000,000+ / Brain injury from failure to provide proper care at birth
- $5,000,000+ / Amputation from failure to diagnose clotting disorder
- $4,000,000+ / Brain injury from hypoxia following thyroid surgery
- $4,000,000+ / Long term pain and suffering from failure to diagnose infection
- $3,000,000+ / Death from failure to diagnose bleed in hospital
- $2,750,000+ / Injuries from Bus/Bicycle Collision
- $2,000,000+ / Child anesthesia injury
- $2,000,000+ / Injuries for crash of medical evacuation flight
- $2,000,000+ / Brain injury from improperly manufactured vaccines
- $2,000,000+ / Cardiac impairment following failure to properly diagnose heart attack
- $2,000,000+ / Birth injury resulting in brain damage
- $2,000,000+ / Emotional distress from death of two young children
- $1,000,000+ / Brain injury from failure to provide proper care at birth
- $1,000,000+ / Change in prognosis from failure to diagnose melanoma
- $1,000,000+ / Death from aortic dissection
- $1,000,000+ / Death from failure to diagnose pulmonary embolus
- $1,000,000+ / Death from undiagnosed cardiac condition
- $1,000,000+ / Truck-motorcycle collision